Help keep the Wells you love - for everyone.
Homes For Wells is playing a big part in finding solutions to the housing problem affecting Wells-next-the-Sea and the surrounding area. House prices have been pushed up to over ten times the average typical income for local families and the community is threatened as many are forced to leave. Please donate to Homes for Wells and help us to keep Wells a living working family town.
You can help now by:
- Sending a donation
- leaving us a property or gift in your will
- arranging for us to let your property to local people in need of housing
- If you are a 2nd home owner and receive a discount on your council tax from the council, why not donate the discount to HfW!
Alternatively, if you let your family and friends stay in your property for no (or minimal) charge why not suggest they make a donation to Homes for Wells.
If you require further information about leaving Homes for Wells a property or gift in your will or would like us to arrange to let your property to local people please Contact Us
The Inland Revenue enables Charities to claim back the basic tax paid on donations it receives. Therefore if you pay income tax please complete the Gift Aid Form to enable us to reclaim the tax (currently 25p for each £1 you give).
Higher rate tax. Claim the difference between higher and basic rate tax on the toral value of your donation. For example, if you donate £100, the total value of your donation to the charity is £125 - so you can claim back:
- £25 - if you pay tax at 40 per cent (£125 × 20%)
- £37.50 - if you pay tax at 50 per cent (£125 × 20%) plus (£125 × 10%)